HAIR EXTENSION MAINTENANCE
One of the benefits of purchasing Allersa Hair is the ability for it to be reused in multiple hair weave installations. The proper hair maintenance is essential to the life span of the hair. Given the right circumstances our hair will last 6-9 months.
HOW TO CHOOSE A SHAMPOO TO WASH MY HAIR EXTENSIONS?
With so many products on the market it can be confusing and somewhat frustrating to choose which product is best for you. When searching for a shampoo, it's best to read the labels to see what ingredients are in it. I recommend using a mild shampoo with little to no sulfates. A mild shampoo would get the job done! Ingredients such as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Ammonium Laureth Sulfate (ALS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate(SLES) are deal breakers for me. These ingredients would strip the hair of its natural oils, leaving it brittle and frizzy.
- Choose a shampoo that has a pH no higher than 7
- Keep in mind mild shampoo doesn't lather as much compared to a shampoo which has sulfates
- Shampoo your extensions bi-weekly
HOW TO SHAMPOO MY HAIR EXTENSIONS?
- Detangle extensions with a detangling brush by thoroughly brushing the hair starting from the ends and working your way towards the weft. For curly/textured hair, combine water in a spray. Spray before brushing to aid in the detangling process.
- Saturate the hair holding the hair upright, with a cool water temperature. (Do not put the hair in the sink and turn on the faucet, this may cause tangling)
- Using a mild shampoo, gently massage throughtout the hair in a vertical motion and somewhat combing through the hair with your fingers. (Do not apply the shampoo in a circular motion, this can cause tangling)
- Shampoo twice and rinse thoroughly
- Squeeze out the excess water and apply deep conditioner
- Comb through to evenly distribute the product then apply more focusing on the ends
- Put extensions in a steam cap, saran wrap, etc to retain moisture
- Rinse extensions, squeeze out excess water, then towel dry
- Holding the extensions by the weft scrunch the hair to regain its waves or curls
- Apply leave-in conditioner then allow hair to air dry